13 ways Online Advertising Is Less Expensive, More Secure & Convenient for You On Wine Industry Insight
Â Comparable Banner Price
- WBM: Charges separately for Web and email. That more than doubles ad prices
- WII: One price covers both web and email advertising.
Comparisons, below are based on a one-time, one month insertion price and standard horizontal banner
NOTE: WII does not recommend the small 468×60-pixel banners used by WBM. Price comparisons, below, use WII’s standard 520×100-pixel banner which is 185% larger than WBM’s standard horizontal banner.
- WBM top banner (468×60) , one month — email: $3,700 + web: $3,500 = $7,200
- WII top banner, one month (520×100) — email $2,028 + web : $0 = $2,028
- WBM Mid-priced Banner (468×60) , one month — email:Â $2,600 + web: $2,500 = $3,100
- WII Standard rate card (520×100) , one month — email – $1,560 + web $0 = $1,560
Based on rates availableÂ December 29, 2015 at the following sites:
Pls email lperdue [at] ideaworx [dot] com for a copy of either WBM rate card if they become unavailable on the web.
News Fetch Email: 5 Free Advertiser Bonuses
- WII’s daily News Fetch emails are automatically converted to web versions which are accessible to search engines and give advertisers TWO web versions for visibility: WineIndustryInsight.Com and the archived web versions: NewsFetch Newsletter Archives.
- Many people prefer to view large emails in their browsers. WII allows this. WBI does not.
- The web version also means that advertiser ads remain available for web searchers even after they have stopped advertising.
- WII allows advertising insertions up until the day before an ad is to run. WBM needsÂ at least 10 days
- WII not only allows, but encourages frequent banner changes to encourage better results. Changes requested by a Friday morning will run the following Monday. Up to 4 changes per month are free when requested on time. WBM has no provision for this.
WII: More Complete News, Categorized And Curated For Quick Reference
- WBM email averages 30 news links.
- WII email averages 60 to 80 links for full and complete coverage
- WII links are categorized by subject to make them easier for readers to find areas of interest.
- WBI is not categorized
But Wait! Here Are 3 Ways WII Avoids Ad Blockers So Ads Can Be Seen
- WII does not allow animated ads which are one of the primary annoyances that drive people to install ad blockers in their browsers.
- WBM: Most ads are animated and distracting
- WII: Complies with ad blocking rules, so all its ads are visible, not blocked
- WBM: Animations can be blocked.
- WII: Serves ads from its own server, hard-coded into the HTML of the web pages and News Fetch.
- WBM: Uses a third-party advertising serverÂ ( DoubleClick/Google) which is blacklisted by most ad blocking plug-ins.
How WII Protects User Privacy and Security Better
- WII Serves ads in such a way as to protect user privacy and security.
- WBM uses DoubleClick/Google which writes and stores frequent cookies. While the nature of those cookies can be relatively harmless, they can be used without user permission as part ofÂ DoubleClick/Google’g big data gathering operation.
- WII: Avoids techniques and technologies which pose security risks to email readers and web surfers.
For more on the above, please see: