Cosentino Winery – Lender & Exclusive Investor To Negotiate Private Sale
Physicians Reciprocal Insurers (PRI) — Cosentino Winery’s senior secured creditor — now owns the winery after it received no bids at the trustee sale this morning at the Napa Courthouse. No one was willing to meet PRI’s minimum bid of $10.55 million.
PRI was owed approximately $12.5 million secured by the winery real estate in Yountville, along with brands, inventory, intellectual property and other personal property including some of the wine production equipment.
LENDER INKS PACT WITH INVESTOR TO NEGOTIATE SALE
While the trustee sale at the courthouse failed to elicit any bids, sources told Wine Industry Insight that PRI has signed an exclusive deal with Vintage Wine Estates to negotiate a private sale for the winery and its assets including its highly lucrative and successful wine club and loyal fan base.
WII expects to have more details in the coming week.
MEA CULPA FROM WINE INDUSTRY INSIGHT
When Wine Industry Insight wrote its Dec. 2 article about the trustee sale, the time had been set for 1:30 p.m. today. However, the parties involved changed the time to 9:30 a.m. WII dropped the ball on this because the Dec. 8 legal notice for the sale, filed the next week, clearly states the earlier time. We usually check public records in cases like this, but failed to do so this time. And for that, we apologize to the others who showed up with us at 1:30. We’ll probably make some other mistake, but that one is not going to happen again.
PREVIOUS WINE INDUSTRY INSIGHT COVERAGE OF COSENTINO WINERY
- Cosentino Winery Sale Set, Management AWOL
- Cosentino Winery Closes
- Cosentino Winery Hit With Involuntary Liquidation Court Papers
- Cosentino Winery In Foreclosure, Owes Almost $20Mln, Liquidation May Be In Works.
- Cosentino Winery: New $147K IRS Lien, $511K Court Levy, Possible Cellar Gear Repo
- Cosentino Financing Fails, Will Cease Custom Crush
- Cosentino Running Out of Last Chances? Growers Head For Court, MCOZ Stock Suspended Again
- Cosentino Gets Brief CDFA License Suspension
- Cosentino: Legal, Regulatory Hurdles Mount
- Cosentino Loses $14.2Million on Revenues of $10.2Million
- Cosentino Wineryâ€™s Legal Issues Could Seal Its Fate In Next Few Weeks
- Cosentino Winery Sued For $500K+ In Latest Legal Battle
- Follow-Up On CDFA Cosentino Hearing
- Judge Lets Cosentino Dodge $1.2 Million In Grower Payment Demands
- Cosentino Woes Mount, Stock Trading Suspended
- Cosentinoâ€™s Strong Consumer Support Not Reflected In Financials
- Cosentino Scrambles For Shelter To Stay Ahead Of Lawsuits
- Sale/Leaseback Owners Shopping Cosentinoâ€™s Lodi, Pope Valley Wineries and Vineyards
- Cosentinoâ€™s Financial & Legal Woes Gathering Momentum
- Cosentino Defaults On Loan Interest, Says Current Banks Wonâ€™t ReFi
Original Court Document Links Available to VIP Subscribers
- Cosentino Winery appraisal-part1
- Cosentino Winery appraisal-part2
- Cosentino Winery appraisal-part3
- Cosentino Winery appraisal-part4
- Cosentino Winery appraisal-part5
- Cosentino Winery LaChance Stipulation And Eqpt List
- Cosentino Winery PRI exibitA-deed
- Cosentino Winery PRI exhibitB-LoanMod-UCCs-EqptList
- Cosentino Winery PRI Points Supporting Relief From Stay
- Cosentino Winery PRI Forebearance Agreement Loan Agreement
- Cosentino Winery PRI AnaniaDeclaration-Supporting Relief From Stay
- Cosentino Winery PRI Anania Declaration LoanAgreement
- Cosentino Calif First Leasing Complaint
- Cosentino Calif First Leasing Declaration
Not A Subscriber Yet?
Subscribe now, and get theÂ original documents and everything else in every article on the site just$9.99 per month or $115.88 per year. Click here for more details.